Using your Virtual Box Office to Sell Tickets
Virtual Box Office
Normally your customers will buy their tickets via the Event Calendar or other pages set up on your website.
However – you may also want to sell tickets in person to them, or take orders for tickets over the phone. Should either of these be true, our Virtual Box Office Extension is there to help.
WooCommerce Settings Adjustments
- The Virtual Box Office essentially adds functionality to the WooCommerce Orders facility – so the first thing you need to do is navigate to WooCommerce / Settings / Checkout.
- Scroll to the foot of the page to the Payment Gateways section, and if needed – enable the options “Inhouse Other Payment” and “Inhouse Cash Payment” that allow you to accept checks or cash in person.
Manually Creating an Order
- Next – to take an order click on WooCommerce / Orders / Add Order.
- Type in the Account Holder’s name, or click New to create a new account – for existing accounts – their billing address wil appear. Confirm that its is currently correct then click the Save or Publish button.
- Next – scroll down and click the button labeled “Add line item(s)“, and if selling tickets click on “Add tickets“.
- This will take you to your Event Calendar. Navigate to the Event day and time requested and click on that Event.
- You will now see the Event screen offering tickets that a customer would see if they were buying tickets via the website. Select the tickets the person you are dealing with wants to buy, and when you have selected all tickets needed – click the ‘x‘ symbol at the top right-hand corner of the “Select Ticket” screen.
- You will see the tickets displayed in the main order screen – click the blue “Save” button.
- Click the “Calculate Total” button to finalize the cost of the tickets being ordered.
- Scroll up and click the blue “Save Order” button.
- You now need to formally accept payment for the tickets, so in the metabox below click the “Accept Payment” button.
- This will bring up a screen that allows you to select the method of payment that your customer will be using. If it is cash – select “Inhouse Cash Payment” and click “Pay for Order“.
- You will see in the “Order Status” that it is now marked as completed, and you can hand over the tickets that you customer has just bought.
- An Email will be sent to the customer confirming the purchase, and a detailed audit trail for the transaction is created within the order showing exactly WHAT happened and WHO actioned it.