Naming the Seats on your Seating Chart
Once you have drawn all the seats you need on your chart, you are now ready to assign then names.
You could name them individually by using the Pointer Tool to select them one by one and then assigning a name to each within their Property Boxes, but this could take a long time.
There is a much easier way of doing this using automation tools built into the Seating Extension.
- From the left-hand toolbar click on Mass Selection Marquee Tool.
- Use the Marquee tool to select all the seats in a particular section.
- In the Properties Box that pops up on the right-hand side – click on the link marked “Pattern“
- In the Pattern Box – enter the settings for the seat naming convention you would like to use, and click OK.To have the system start labeling a seat with the letter A and incrementally add a new letter for each one – use ^
To have the system start labeling a seat with the letter a and incrementally add a new letter for each one – use @
To have the system start labeling a seat with the number 1 and incrementally add a new number for each one – use #
So if we used the settings in the image below – seats would be named NORTH-A-1, NORTH-A-2 and so on along the row.
The next row would begin NORTH-B-1, NORTH-B-2 etc….
- In the example above we will name seats with a letter and a number, and the prefix “North-” – for example NORTH-A-1
- We will be invited to draw a line anywhere on the chart indicating the direction that seat are named from A to Z.
- Next – we will be invited to draw another line indicating the direction that seats are numbered from 1 to 999.
- Having done this – all seats selected will have been named.